So today I had an appointment with my ophthalmologist, it was really early and I was super tired, but that’s not the point.
The thing is, when I was waiting for them to call my name, two guys holding hands came in and sat next to me. I thought it was really cute and brave of them to be so couple-y in public and I was really happy, so I just smiled at them and said good morning like any other polite person would.
Well, in the next ten minutes, a guy around 35-40 years old comes in with who I assumed was his little boy, his son, he was around five, cutest little guy ever.
They sat right across from me and then I notice the little boy looking at the couple beside me, then he turned to his dad to ask him: “Why are those two boys holding hands?”
The thing is, he asked his dad in sign language. The boy was deaf.
I immediately picked it up because two of my cousins were born deaf so I learned some when I was younger.
Now the dad’s answer, I was not expecting.
He turns to his little boy and signs: “Because they love each other very much, like your mom and me.”
I just stared at him for the longest time, and I honestly felt my eyes starting to sting and water.
He noticed me staring and frowned a bit, I guess he assumed I was looking at them because the were talking in signs so I quickly smiled and signed: “Thank you for teaching him about love.”
His expression immediately changed into a bright smile and nodded.
Then my doctor called my name and and I bid them farewell.
I love when these small things happen in my life, it reminds me that there are good, kind people in the world.
- metermouse reblogged this from andsoourstorybegins and added:
- horrorpointseven reblogged this from deliciousale
- horrorpointseven likes this
- sergeants likes this
- deliciousale reblogged this from sahraylia and added:
- unlistednumber likes this
- whowillwatchtheguards likes this
- flannelsinanimpala reblogged this from deliciousale
- bernalitasuprema reblogged this from deliciousale and added:
- bernalitasuprema likes this
- k8y411 likes this
- metermouse likes this
- biance likes this
- wormstash reblogged this from samsamtastic
- samsamtastic reblogged this from deliciousale and added:
- andsoourstorybegins reblogged this from deliciousale and added:
- andsoourstorybegins likes this
- hanstheoptimist reblogged this from deliciousale
- hanstheoptimist likes this
- allthedevilishthingswedo likes this
- proudofyourboy likes this
- puffalo10 likes this
- youcouldbemyluck reblogged this from deliciousale
- blueorbit likes this
- lunapics likes this
- bunniesarescarierthanspike likes this
- eiramava likes this
- lasruinascirculares likes this
- muse09 reblogged this from deliciousale
- muse09 likes this
- peacevibes likes this
- moonrisezeeba reblogged this from deliciousale and added:
- cherchezlachien reblogged this from deliciousale and added:
- cherchezlachien likes this
- nipplefreckle likes this
- lookattheredredchangesinthesky likes this
- andhopeto likes this
- sahraylia reblogged this from deliciousale and added:
- therioraptor reblogged this from deliciousale
- sahraylia likes this
- sparklyblaine said: this is very very beautiful!
- resetslife likes this
- oakenbabes likes this
- trip-nips likes this
- deliciousale posted this